Lower Kara Mythic+ Guide
Recommended Comp for high keys: Beautiful Beasts requires numerous short cooldown interrupts to handle Soup Spray but Lower Kara doesn’t otherwise have strong composition requirements.
Highest Tyrannical key done in time: 22
Highest Fortified key done in time: 22
Instance Timer: 39:00
Average # Mobs per pack: 3.1
The trash path is updated for patch 7.3 which saw a number of packs removed from the instance.
Click the arrows to navigate through the trash path.
You can stand in the Light created by the Understudys to get a 50% damage buff, you just can't be standing on top of them when they cast Final Curtain.
The Patrons do very little.
Take the Maiden patrol as soon as possible to avoid it doubling up with another pack. These mobs can be quite dangerous so we'll take a close look at their abilities.
- Will cast Flirt while above 50% life. This does nothing except debuff a random player.
- Will cast Heartbreaker while below 50% life which will one shot anyone still afflicted by Flirt. It therefore needs to be dispelled before you push the boss below 50%.
- Face her away from the party below 50%.
- Make sure nobody in the party reaches 100 stacks of Allured (to avoid the Mind Control).
- Stun / interrupt the Charming Perfume cast and you're good. Walk out of it if she gets it off.
Trash ERT Note
Copy and paste this into the Exorsus Raid Tools Notes section. You can share it with your group.
Opera – Beautiful Beast
I didn’t realise I was so dusty. Cheers Babblet.
Severe Dusting (Babblet) Nature Debuff (Disorient) Dodgeable
Burning Blaze (Luminore) Fire Dodgeable
Heat Wave (Luminore) Fire Avoidance Interruptable
Soup Spray (Mrs. Cauldrons) Frost Debuff (Slow)
Leftovers (Mrs. Cauldrons) Nature Dodgeable
Kara Kazham (Coggleston) Summon Effect
Dinner Bell (Coggleston) Buff
Dent Armor (Coggleston) Physical Debuff (+damage taken)
Bloody Jab (Cutlery) Physical Debuff (DoT)
Flashing Forks (Silver Fork) Ground Physical Dodgeable
You should know
- Recommended kill order is Babblet -> Luminore -> Mrs. Cauldrons -> Coggleston. They all heal to full and gain +25% damage when one dies to holster your cleave.
- Tank dying late in the fight? Make sure you’re burning down the cutlery. The 1-2-3 punch of Dinner Bell -> Dent Armor -> Bloody Jab should be controlled with burst DPS on the adds and heavy cooldowns on the tank.
- Babblet gains movement speed if kited through any of the burning blazes left out by Luminore. This will definitely lead to somebody getting taken out with the trash so be careful with your kite path. Every 12 seconds Babblet will change fixate targets.
- Remove fire patches by walking through them with the drenched debuff (applied by Soup Spray). You won’t take damage from the fire.
- Heat Wave and Soup Spray are priority interrupts.
Opera – Westfall Story
“Toe Knee”? Urgh kill them all
Burning Leg Sweep (Toe Knee) Fire Debuff (DoT) ✔Dodgeable
Dashing Flame Gale (Toe Knee) Fire
Poisonous Shank (Gang Ruffian) Nature Debuff (DoT)
Thunder Ritual (Mrrgria) Nature Spread (5 yards)
Wash Away (Mrrgria) Frost ✔Dodgeable
Bubble Blast (Shoreline Tidespeaker) Frost ✔Dodgeable ✔Interruptable
You should know
- This is basically a big game of “dodge the thing” and this is particularly important for high keys where getting hit by one thing is enough to break your poor key.
- Kill order is always Gang Ruffians / Shoreline Tidespeakers before the bosses.
- Dashing Flame Gale will hit every player, and leave a flame cyclone at their position. If you stack up during the phase, then all of the cyclones will be kept in one place (remember to outrange Burning Leg Sweep though!).
- [Healer] If your team is on point you should only have to deal with healing through Dashing Flame Gale (low damage), Thunder Ritual (you’ve got 4 seconds of debuff to top everyone off before the damage hits), and Poisonous Shank (make sure you can see it on your healing frames).
Opera – Wikket
Come to think of it. Demon Hunters DO look a little like winged monkeys
Flashy Bolt (Galindre) Arcane ✔Interruptable
Wondrous Radiance (Galindre) Ground Arcane ✔Dodgeable
Magic Magnificent (Galindre) AoE Arcane ✔Dodgeable
Dreary Bolt (Elfyra) Single Target Shadow ✔Interruptable
Summon Assistants (Elfyra) Summon Effect
Defy Gravity (Elfyra) Ground Shadow
Throw Stuff (Winged Assistant) Nature
You should know
- Flashy Bolt hits random party members and should be interrupted, especially when there are Winged Assistants up.
- The key mechanic in this fight is the Magic Magnificent ability. It’s a five second cast and it’s signaled by Galindre going into a purple bubble. You can enter one of the purple gravity wells to shoot yourself into the air, avoiding all damage. Simply jumping isn’t sufficient (even for a Demon Hunter). If you find yourself with less than 5 gravity wells when the ability hits (this means somebody waltzed into one earlier) then somebody with an immunity or heavy damage reduction can sit out and take the blow.
- The two witches share an HP pool. Show me how big your cleave is.
- Winged assistants can be tanked, but you should still commit some damage to them to keep numbers under control.
Maiden of Virtue
You were a lot nicer at level 70
Holy Bolt Holy Spread (6 yards)
Holy Shock Single Target Holy ✔Interruptable
Sacred Ground Ground Holy Debuff (DoT)
Mass Repentance AoE Debuff (Stun)
Holy Bulwark Buff (Shield) Damage boss to remove
Holy Wrath AoE Holy ✔Interrruptable
You should know
- You should never get a stack of Sacred Ground when dropping your pool. Make sure you’re moving quickly.
- The range on Holy Bolt is 6 yards and you must be at least that spread out.
- Holy Shock and Holy Wrath must be interrupted 100% of the time.
- The healer should grab a Sacred Ground debuff 8-10 seconds before Mass Repentance hits. This means that the last tick or two of the debuff will remove Mass Repentance and you can focus on keeping the rest of your party alive. You still take the same amount of damage overall, but this is a better spread. More advanced groups might have two party members grab it early.
I gotta say. He’s much umm… prettier in his Hearthstone portrait
Garrote Physical Debuff (DoT)
Coat Check Debuff (-Armor, Magic) ✔Dispellable
Dinner Guests (You’ll get four guests at random?)
Empowered Arms (Keira Berrybuck) Buff (+damage, +AtkSpd) ✔Purgeable
Whirling Edge (Robin Daris) Ground Physical ✔Dodgeable
Iron Whirlwind (Rafe Dreuger) Physical ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable
Will Breaker (Crispin Ference) Holy ✔Dodgeable
Arcane Blast (Dorothea Millstipe) Arcane
Mana Drain (Dorothea Millstipe) Arcane ✔Interruptable
Smite (Catriona Von’Indi) Holy ✔Interruptable
You should know
- The strategy here really depends on what dinner guests you have available but on meaningful keys you’ll definitely want to CC at least two of the guests. There are extra traps in the kitchen and ball room if you want to CC a third.
- It makes sense to contend with the most dangerous guests at the beginning of the fight, when there aren’t so many Garrotes out and DPS still have their cooldowns, so here is a rough “most dangerous” list:
- Dorothea Millstipe > Crispin Ference > Keira Berrybuck > Rafe Dreuger > Robin Daris > Catriona Von’Indi
- Almost all of the mechanics are dodgeable, interruptable or purgeable so the ranking is mostly in order of “how bad things get” if you don’t handle them properly.
- All dinner guests become immune to CC when Moroes hits 60% HP and you’ll want them all dead before then.
- You must interrupt: Mana Drain, Empowered Arms
Don’t worry, you’ll get the mount eveeeeeeeeeeeentually
Intangible Presence Debuff (DoT) Shadow ✔Dispellable*
Mighty Stomp Fire ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable (30 yards)
Mounted Strike Physical
Spectral Charge (after first phase 2) Shadow ✔Dodgeable
Mezair Fire ✔Dodgeable
Mortal Strike Debuff (-50% MaxHP) Physical ✔Dodgeable
Shared Suffering Shadow ✔Dodgeable
You should know
- Both Mortal Strike and Shared Suffering are targeted at the tank and can be entirely dodged. Mortal Strike doesn’t matter so much but stacking for Shared Suffering is just going to one shot your entire party on a decently high key. You can escape it by popping an Infernal Strike / Heroic Leap / Wraith Walk (sorry DKs) anytime after the Shared Suffering cast has begun.
- [Healer] Sadly Intangible Presence uses a “hidden aura” to signal which one has the ghost so we can’t make a clever Weak Aura. I’d recommend your party call individually (either through voice, or party chat) if they have the ghost on them since trying to find it yourself is a chore and dispelling the wrong person is very dangerous.