Neltharion’s Lair Mythic+ Guide
Recommended Comp for high keys: All you really need for Neltharion’s Lair is some AoE CC and a good healer.
Highest Tyrannical key done in time: 22
Highest Fortified key done in time: 22
Instance Timer: 33:00
Average # Mobs per pack: 2.7
Click the arrows to navigate through the trash path.
- Avalanche Elixir
- Curling tightly into a ball
You'll need to avoid the Breaker's Avalanche ability which is targeted on a random player. You can avoid it by having your party stack up and then move together once it's cast. Alternatively, spread out and have everyone move outwards during the cast. You really just need to make sure you're not running into somebody else's former position. A weak aura is provided at the bottom of the page.
Vileshard Hulk's has one notable cast: Piercing Shards. The Hulk should be stunned, knocked back, or death gripped during the cast to avoid your tank being annihilated. Have the tank face it away, just in case and if the cast goes off they'll need to pop a defensive cooldown to survive it.
The Shaper deals heavy single target damage to random targets similarly to pelters. The difference is that the damage is much higher, but the cast can be interrupted.
On Bolster weeks you should CC the Grubmaster and pull the other mobs more than 30 yards away so you don't end up with a supermob.
Face the Dominator away from the party and have your ranged party stack up for more efficient healing. Interrupt the Frenzy cast.
Trash ERT Note
Copy and paste this into the Exorsus Raid Tools Notes section. You can share it with your group.
The closest thing we’re going to get to a Warcraft Hulk. Rokmora smash!
Crystalline Ground (follows Shatter) Nature
Brittle Summon Effect
You should know
- Shatter will kill all Blightshard Skitters and deal damage based on their remaining HP. A half dead skitter will only deal 50% of the Rupturing Skitter damage. If Shatter isn’t one shotting you then throwing DoTs / cleave at them can be faster than trying to kill them completely. Rupturing Skitter is likely to be your biggest source of damage taken so judge carefully how much damage you need to spend on them to survive each Shatter. Keep in mind that Skitters leave a Choking Dust puddle on the floor when killed.
- The tank can, and should run out during the cast of Razor Shards to avoid being hit. Be careful not to move too early since directing the attack toward your party will kill your timer just five minutes in.
- Crystalline Ground is a debuff that goes out to the party with each Shatter. It doesn’t do notably high damage, but you’ll want to avoid taking damage from it when low. If you’re ever knocked into a Choking Dust cloud then moving is still the better choice (use those defensives though!). You can stand with your back against the rock to avoid taking damage from Crystalline Ground during the Shatter knockback (but this is rarely necessary).
I think I lost 20 bucks to this guy in a Shell game last time I was down by the harbor
Sunder Single Target Nature
Bellow of the Deeps Summon Effect
You should know
- Once pulled, the boss will first cast Stance of the Mountain (and disappear into a rock) 35 seconds into the fight. After you find him there’ll be 70 seconds between all subsequent “find-me” phases. Save Bloodlust and any long DPS cooldowns for these. If you can cut out a Stance of the Mountain phase altogether it’ll be a big time saver.
- The Falling Debris during both phases can be dodged, however it’s exhausting to do so and greatly reduces DPS. Get your healer to heal through it, and start running if you get low.
- Sunder can be spell reflected / anti-magic shielded.
- The Bellows aren’t at all dangerous since their damage is easily healed through. Just drop DoTs or cleave them down so that you don’t end up with 10+ of them later in the fight.
She’s really very pretty
Toxic Retch AoE Nature
Spiked Tongue Single Target Physical
You should know
- You can DPS the Wormspeaker adds shortly before they jump down into the arena. Pan your camera up and you’ll see them on the ledge, giving you a head start.
- Every Wormspeaker or tank the boss eats will give her a stacking +50% damage increase. This only increases her melee damage, none of her abilities are affected.
- The green pools left by Rancid Maw are used by the tank during the Spiked Tongue ability. Since Rancid Maw is targeted on players you have control over where the pools are dropped. and you should try and leave them 25-30 yards from the boss.
- Naraxas will auto attack soon after Spiked Tongue ends and since the tank is often out of range of the boss this can lead to a nearby melee being butchered. You may want to consider moving out of the bosses auto attack range (10 yards).
Dargrul the Underking
What are Drogbar anyway?
Molten Crash Single Target Nature
Magma Sculptor Summon Effect
You should know
- You can stun and knockback the Molten Charskins to aid in your kite. Smash them into the Crystal Spikes to stun them and increase the damage they take. They get faster and faster the longer you leave them up so take care of them reasonably quickly.
- The walls don’t prevent line of sight with the boss so the ranged and healer can take refuge long before Magma Wave is cast.
- If your attempt has truly fallen apart you can reset the boss by running up the boulders.
- The last tick of Magma Wave deals significantly more damage. Make sure he’s finished before you leave your safe space.