Artifact, Relics and Crucible
As a Resto Druid we get four reasonably strong Golden traits and you’ll pick them all up with your first Artifact Power item at 110.
Once you’ve filled out your tree you’ll unlock the Ascended weapon which will allow you to put additional points into your old traits (and unlock a few new ones). They should be filled out as follows:
Concordance of the Legionfall (#14 above) is an infinite trait and you’ll be putting points into it for the rest of the expansion.
Relics and the Netherlight Crucible
In 7.3 each relic you pick up will have its own mini talent-tree with three tiers. These tiers are unlocked when you hit certain Artifact levels. To ‘attune’ a relic, you’ll need to take it back to the Vindicaar (our base of operations on Argus). Once you do you’ll get a randomly generated tree like this:
Tier 1 is unlocked immediately upon unlocking the crucible and gives your weapon +15 total ilvl.
Tier 2 contains one shadow and one holy trait which are both randomly chosen from a pool of six. You’ll unlock the tier at artifact level 60, 63 and 66. The tier 2 possibilities are:
- Master of Shadows: Worth ~3-4 weapon ilvl. Our best shadow trait.
- Murderous Intent: Worth 2.5 weapon ilvl.
- Shadowbind: Worth very little (some DPS value).
- Chaotic Darkness: Worth very little (some DPS value).
- Torment the Weak: Worth very little (some DPS value).
- Dark Sorrows: Worth very little (some DPS value).
- Refractive Shell: Worth 2.5-3.5 weapon ilvl depending on the fight.
- Light Speed: Worth 3 weapon ilvl.
- Secure in the Light: Worth 3 weapon ilvl.
- Infusion of Light: Worth 3 weapon ilvl.
- Shocklight: Worth 2.5 weapon ilvl.
- Light’s Embrace: Not worth much (1 weapon ilvl), but still better than four of the six shadow traits.
These values are all estimates taken with 62000 intellect and at 900,000 HPS. Resto Druid spreadsheet Twig It has full Crucible functionality and is far better suited for comparing two relics.
In tier 3 you’ll be given a choice from 3 random traits. You’ll unlock the tier at artifact levels 69, 72 and 75. Our traits can roughly be ordered like so:
- Knowledge of the Ancients
- Eternal Restoration
- Essence of Nordrassil
- Infusion of Nature
- The rest
Sometimes it can be interesting to know the numbers behind each trait, especially when making decisions regarding Relics. Here are some of our better traits:
- Spirit was removed in Legion and with it any way to boost your mana regeneration with gear. In legion both your total mana pool (1.1m) and your mana regeneration (44000 / 5 seconds) is static. This means that the Knowledge of the Ancients trait is worth 880 mana every 5 seconds per point. This is:
- 10560 mana per minute per point.
- A free Rejuvenation every two minutes per point. A few extra rejuvenations per fight is actually a nice bonus.
- Persistence increases the duration of your Rejuvenation by 1 second per point.
- This improves its mana efficiency by 6.6% per point (This is a mana value of 1467 per cast per point).
- The increase in duration keeps it on the target as a Mastery stack for longer, further increasing its value.
- Awesome synergy with our 4 piece set bonus.
- Infusion of Nature reduces the cost of Wild Growth by 2% per point. Wild Growth has a base mana cost of 74800 which is a mana reduction of 1496 per point.
- If you cast Wild Growth on cooldown, the trait is worth 748 mana regen per 5 seconds which is 8976 mana per minute per point. This makes it weaker than Persistence and Knowledge of the ancients even in the best case scenario (though still an ok trait).
- Grovewalker does not effect Efflorescence, the Regrowth direct heal, Tranquility, or Ysera’s dream but still boosts the majority of our healing (50-80% on most fights) and can be considered a very strong trait.