Stats change in value depending on what content you are doing as well as what other stats you currently have. I don’t have stat weights for you, or a pawn string you can use. Anyone who does is misleading you.
Beginner and don’t intend on min-maxing?
Pick your highest ilvl pieces (after fitting in your tier sets, legendaries and trinkets), gem and enchant Mastery or your lowest stat (you’ll want one intellect gem also). Take a gem socket to be worth about 5 ilvl depending on which slot it’s on. This actually gets you pretty close to optimal.
Mythic raider looking to get any possible advantage?
Run the Healer Stat Weights addon and use it to fine tune your stats for the fight you are currently progressing on. There is a guide to getting started with HSW here. WoWAnalyzer can also give you accurate stat weights if you enter a recent log.
Some notes on stats:
- Intellect is once again our strongest stat and should be worth ~20% more than our best secondaries with 8.0’s launch.
- All HoT ticks can crit with the exception of the Tranquility HoT (this is probably a bug).
- Each secondary stat goes up in value the more you have of the other secondaries, which makes just picking your highest ilvl gear particularly strong.
- All of our secondaries are great. Enjoy it! Other specs are not as lucky as we are.
- There are no stat caps or breakpoints since HoTs can now partially tick for a reduced amount at the end of their duration.
Stats in Mythic+
Mastery and Haste are stronger in Mythic+ where you tend to have larger HoT stacks because of the smaller party size and frequent opportunities to drink however Mastery offers no increase to our DPS. If you think of it as your most powerful healing stat, and least powerful DPS stat, you can make a decision from there based on your playstyle.
Flask: Flask of the Whispered Pact
Gems: Socket one Saber’s Eye of Intellect. Mastery is a strong general purpose gem for your other slots but use your own stat weights if you’re min-maxing.
Potions: You will mostly be using Leytorrent Potions. Pre-potting with a Potion of Prolonged Power is always worth it.