Mistweaver Monk Trinket Guide
Comparing trinkets can be difficult, with each available at a range of different item levels. To make it a little easier, we’ll compare all trinkets at an accessible 400 ilvl. Some trinkets have niche uses like excelling in single target healing, or offering a shield. We’ll address those below.
- Best in Slot: Azsharas Font of Power, Deferred Sentence, Luminous Jellyweed, Alchemist Stone
- Diamond Tier: Mirror of Entwined Fate, Ward of Envelopment, Incandescent Sliver (Situational), Void Stone (Situational)
- Gold Tier: Fang of Intertwined Essence, Enthrallers Bindstone, Conch of Dark Whispers, Sinister Gladiators Insignia, Sinister Gladiator’s Medallion, Za’qul’s Portal Key, Moonstone of Zin Azshari
- Silver Tier: Zoatroid Egg Sac, Ingenious Mana Battery, Ignition Mage’s Fuse, Crest of Pa’ku, Sea Giant’s Tidestone, Lady Waycrest’s Music Box
- Bronze Tier: Revitalizing Voodoo Totem, Balefire Branch
- Best in Slot: Azshara’s Font of Power, Deferred Sentence, Luminous Jellyweed, Alchemist Stone
- Diamond Tier: Mirror of Entwined Fate, Ward of Envelopment, Void Stone (Dungeon Dependent)
- Gold Tier: Sinister Gladiators Badge, Sinister Gladiator’s Insignia, Moonstone of Zin Azshari, Conch of Dark Whispers, Sinister Gladiator’s Medallion, Sea Giant’s Tidestone, Crest of Pa’ku, Ignition Mage’s Fuse
- Silver Tier: Incandescent Sliver, Zoatroid Egg Sac, Za’qul’s Portal Key, Revitalizing Voodoo Totem, Lady Waycrest’s Music Box, Balefire Branch
- Bronze Tier: Fang of Intertwined Essence, Ingenious Mana Battery
These are my trinkets: X (400 ilvl), Y (385 ilvl), Z (430 ilvl). Which should I use?
QE Live is an online app that’ll tell you which of your trinkets or Azerite Pieces are best. It has full support for sockets, tertiary stats and more and it’s free.
Master the Spec: Trinkets in Detail
BFA has more stat sticks than you can shake a… stick at. We generally prefer sticks with intellect main stat (like the Conch of Dark Whispers) over secondary stats. They’re mostly worth the same amount of average stats over a fight but intellect trinkets have more of their strength allocated to static, consistent power which is desirable as a healer. When comparing two stat sticks you usually just pick whichever is higher item level.
Stat sticks can be categorized as either on-use trinkets or random procs. On-use trinkets provide fewer stats but make up for it in power since they can be used at the same time as Way of the Crane, a big maximum-Upwelling-stack Essence Font, or just a high damage moment in the fight.
Random Proc Stat Sticks
- Conch of Dark Whispers has a 25% uptime and provides an average of 194 crit.
- Za’qul’s Portal Key has a 25% uptime and provides an average of 387 intellect.
- Sinister Gladiator’s Insignia has a 50% uptime and provides an average of 424 intellect.
On-use Stat Sticks
- Azshara’s Font of Power has a 25% uptime and provides an average of 551 intellect at the cost of a 4 second channel time every 2 minutes. Expect a moderate nerf before the raid goes live.
- Ignition Mage’s Fuse has about a 17% uptime and provides an average of 130 haste. You’ll average much higher during the trinket duration. It’s tougher to take strong advantage of the haste window as a mistweaver.
- Balefire Branch has about a 22% uptime and provides an average of 244 intellect if you aren’t hit by anything. This is underbudget and useless in any situation where you’re taking damage while it’s active. There are much stronger alternatives in its niche.
- Dread Gladiator’s Medallion has about a 17% uptime and provides an average of 156 vers.
Raw Healing Procs
Trinkets with a flat healing portion were given a massive buff in 8.2 and now compete well with stat sticks. Interestingly this makes Ward and Mirror fantastic trinkets while the Eternal Palace variations are undertuned.
- Deferred Sentence adds about 1350 HPS (after secondary stats). This is much stronger than the PTR iteration suggested it would be.
- Lady Waycrest’s Music Box (proc) adds about 433 HPS (after secondary stats). Adding the set ring doesn’t really impact its healing contribution.
- Luminous Jellyweed (proc) adds up to 1083 HPS. The buff on the target lasts for two minutes and you’re likely to get full healing value on any difficult fight. It’s excellent.
- Mirror of Entwined Fate (on-use) adds an incredible 917 HPS and provides great life saving potential. With the 8.2 buffs this is a very good trinket to have in your toolbox when Eternal Palace opens.
- Ward of Envelopment (on-use) adds about 833 HPS which is incredible for an on-use absorb trinket. You’ll pop this whenever you’re expecting raid damage and you can use it for its strong throughput alone. Don’t save it for when the raid is low – aim to maximize your casts per fight.
- Void Stone (on-use) adds up to 1050 HPS however it’s reduced by any healing they receive while it’s active. That turns it into a bit of a niche trinket since you’ll frequently get far less out of it than advertised. It’s a little better in Mythic+ where you can better control the flow of healing but it’s still tough to take it over a Mirror or good stat trinket.
- Zoatroid Egg Sac adds about 667 HPS which isn’t great but it does add a Versatility buff to the target. The issue is that the Versatility scales with how much shield is left and a 10k shield doesn’t tend to last very long.
They always throw in a trinkets that don’t quite hit the same formulas as those above. This section covers mana trinkets and the rest.
- Fangs of Intertwined Essence returns about 3711 mana per minute (about half a Blessing of Wisdom). This is a 7% increase to your natural mana regeneration. Consider macroing it into one of your abilities so that you don’t miss any uses. Essence Font is a decent candidate.
- The Alchemist Stones are hybrid trinkets crafted through Alchemy. They offer a stat proc (that averages 358 intellect) and a bonus to mana potions which is worth 10,000 mana per fight if you use a Potion of Replenishment. 8.2 Alchemist Stones also have a socket. You also get a very nifty bonus to your healing potions if you remember to use them. You definitely remember to use them, right?
- Revitalising Voodoo Totem is an on-use trinket with that provides a slow, stacking single target HoT. The on-use heals for around 34,000 HP total for a per-minute average of nearly 23,000. This is a reasonable amount but it’s delivered in a clunky way since the HoT ramps up slowly (so, a poor emergency tool) and you give up stronger raid healing to equip it. Item level is still the big key when it comes to trinkets so if you accidentally pull a 425 Leech version from your weekly chest then try and use it on a tank or debuffed player.