QE Live Starter Guide
Questionably Epic Live is a healer gearing and theorycrafting tool built to make complex gearing and build decisions significantly easier. You can quickly, and (hopefully) easily get in depth information about what to equip, which dungeons & raids have upgrades for you, how all trinkets compare in graph form and much more. This is a quick starter guide to familiarize you with how each module works. Each module also has an in-depth step by step guide if you get stuck (some of these are still coming soon).
- You can find the app here: https://questionablyepic.com/live/.
- If you prefer video guides, then Madskillzztv has put together a very good starter video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8O5lzIImt4
Getting Started – Add your first character
Whether you play Retail or Burning Crusade, QE Live starts by adding your character to the app. Your alts are all welcome too, but the welcome screen will grab your main first.
Select your game version and hit “Create Character” to get started.
You can add characters at any time by hitting “Add Character” on the main menu.
There’s a bunch of different stuff you can do in QE Live and you’ll find it all in the main menu.
Top Gear let’s you compare most of the gear in your bag at once. It’s the most accurate module for gearing since it can include stuff like set bonuses, diminishing returns, meta gems in Classic and so on.
- Import your SimC (Retail) or QE Import string (BC).
- Select at least one item in each slot that you’d like to be included in the comparison. Anything you’re already wearing will be auto-selected.
- Hit “Go” down the bottom and you’re done! QE Live will automatically generate the best possible combination of gear given the items you’ve selected. Any changes from the gear you have selected in-game will be highlighted in yellow. Any alternative sets that were close in power will be shown below your character.
Gear Quick Compare
Quick Compare is a very fast way of comparing a few items in a specific slot at once.
- You can import your gear automatically (via SimC / QE Import string), or enter items manually in the dropdown at the top.
- Whichever item has the highest score is best for that slot, but keep in mind that diminishing returns and set bonuses are not included here (use Top Gear for that).
- Trinket effects, gems are included in the score.
Upgrade Finder will show you where you can grab your next upgrade. It has support for every dungeon and raid in the game, as well as PVP and world bosses.
- Import your SimC (Retail) or QE Import string (BC). Upgrades will be based on the gear you are currently wearing so make sure you don’t have any off spec gear on.
- Retail: Select the raid difficulty, Mythic+ level of keys you do, and PVP rating you’re able to achieve, then hit Go. The level of items in the results will be based on what you set here.
- BC: Select the dungeon difficulty you’re interested in, then hit Go.
- Results are ordered by drop location, and then by how big an upgrade it is for you. Anything less than ~0.3% or so can be considered a sidegrade. You can also see all items for a given slot at once by hitting the “Slot-by-slot Upgrades” tab.
The trinket analysis module gives you a look at all relevant trinkets in the game at once, at all item levels that they can drop in. It’s a great way to see them all at once to help you plan out which is best. All trinkets are based on your specific character and no imports are necessary.
There are also modules for Covenants, Tier Sets, Legendaries and more which will be covered in their own guide pages.
- Is the tool accurate? Yes QE Live is very good at what it does, however you should always keep your common sense about you when using any tool.
- Can it tell me what to pick from my vault? It has full vault support and you can have vault items show up by importing your SimC string after you’ve opened your vault. They will appear in blue.
- Can I import my Vanilla Classic character into the app? No, only Retail and Burning Crusade Classic are supported at this time.
- I have a suggestion or bug report, where can I send it? There’s a suggestion box here: https://forms.gle/uqaUM9a382eo8mFDA and you’re also welcome to send them to me directly if you prefer. I can be found on Discord at Voulk#1858.