Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to a lot of frequently asked questions in the Resto Druid community.
What changed in 7.2.5?
- Healing nerfed by 4%. Ow.
- Damage increased by 25% (including Swipe).
- Aman’Thul’s Wisdom reduced from a maximum of five extensions, to three. This is a minor nerf.
- Two new legendaries were added (Chameleon’s Song, Soul of the Archdruid).
- You can find some more detail on what the changes mean for us here.
What are the current Resto Druid stat weights? Do you have a Pawn string for me?
There are actually no Resto Druid stat weights and I’ll explain to you why since it can seem quite strange if you’re coming from another class.
- First of all, we have no dominant stat like some other specs might. All four secondary stats are strong for us.
- We tend to want more of the stat that we have the least of which is the opposite of what Pawn will try and do for you.
- Gear with higher ilvl tends to offer more Intellect which we scale very well with.
This actually makes us very easy to gear, and if you aren’t running cutting edge content then you can do very well by just equipping your highest ilvl pieces regardless of secondary stats. If you are looking to really min-max then you have two options:
- The RDSW WeakAura (made by Manaleaf) which will analyse your stat weights in real-time as you kill bosses and give you stat weights based on your spell usage. After you have imported it into WeakAuras you will have to run some content (dungeons or raids) before it can calculate your weights.
- The Resto Druid spreadsheet TwigIt (made by Torty) which lets you input your stats and spell usages and outputs your stat weights. You have to download the spreadsheet from Dropbox before you can make edits. You can always find the latest version from the Resto Druid Discord server.
More on stats here.
What is Jacin’s Ruse? How good is it?
Jacin’s Ruse is a set bonus you gain from wearing Guileful Intruder Handguards (Court of Stars) and Tunnel Trudger Footguards (Arcway). They offer a 3000 mastery proc once a minute and are worth 750 flat Mastery. To wear them you can drop ~35 ilvl across two 885 ilvl pieces. If you have a lower set (say 840 ilvl) then you can drop a whopping 50 ilvl across the two pieces. It is better than the Drape of Shame bonus in almost all scenarios.
What’s our Best in Slot list?
The Warforge and legendary systems killed off Best in Slot lists and they aren’t useful for us. We can only say the following about best in slot pieces:
- Some legendaries are better than others. A full tier list can be found here.
- T19 has two fantastic bonuses and is worth using. Try and pick up pieces in slots where you are not using a legendary.
- T20 is a step down from T19 but is still ok. You’ll likely switch to it once you have the opportunity to pick it up at a high ilvl.
If you have a raid leader that won’t let you loot anything until you provide a best in slot list, you’ll have to talk some sense into him, or find a better guild!
Is the Resto Druid Nighthold tier (T19) good?
The tier is strong, and certainly worth picking up for yourself. It was not changed in 7.2.5.
The two set increases your mastery by 4000 for 7 seconds after you cast Wild Growth. This is about 6% mastery (with a potential, but unrealistic 70% uptime). We tend to have the most mastery stacks out immediately after casting Wild Growth so this becomes a very nice two set.
The four set gives Rejuvenation ticks a 1.5% chance to spread to a new target at full duration. This doesn’t remove the HoT that procs it, and does work with Germination. It is worth between 5 and 10% healing which is very strong.
How about the T20 (Tomb of Sargeras) tier bonuses?
The two set causes Swiftmend to trigger up to 40% reduced cooldown based on the current health of your target. The target needs to be 1% HP to get the full reduction.
The four set causes Swiftmend to increase your Efflorescence healing by 200% for 10 seconds. This is a 70-100% increase to your overall Efflorescence healing and is just ok. A big step down from T19 for sure.
You can expect the two bonuses to, together, give you 4-7% increased healing. This is a reasonable set bonus – but is much weaker than T19.
Is X legendary very good?
We have a number of strong legendaries, but Trinket, Shoulders, and Prydaz are particularly good. For the full tier list with rankings, click here. The new ring added in 7.2.5 should be mid-tier while the helm is looking poor.
Which talents should I use for M+ / Raids?
More information on talents can be found here but those looking for a quick answer will have reasonable success with:
Some encounters prefer certain talents over others. These are listed in the Encounter Guide.
Which neck enchant should I be using?
Ancient Priestess was buffed in 7.1.5 and is now quite strong. You should expect it to do between 1-2% of your overall healing. Trained Soldier takes over as the dominant choice for most Mythic Nighthold fights due to the high frequency of fights which favor Germination / Spring Blossoms but the two enchants are very close in power. Mark of the Claw is a distant 3rd.
What trinkets should I use?
There is a detailed trinket tier list here. The warforging system makes it difficult to compare two trinkets however pure stat sticks (such as Ethereal Urn) are very strong for us. We tend not to like random procs unless they are very strong since as healers we value consistency (think of how many times in a boss fight a proc could be 100% wasted). In Nighthold Etraeus’ Celestial map and Perfectly Preserved Cake are strong options, and should be paired with Velen’s Future Sight or a strong stat stick. Information on Tomb of Sargeras trinkets can be found here.
Which Relics should I be trying to pick up?
In cases where you have multiple relics of the same ilvl the rough order of priority is:
- Knowledge of the Ancients
- Essence of Nordrassil
- Natural Mending
- Infusion of Nature
- Armor of the Ancients
- Seeds of the World Tree
I just picked up a Drape of Shame, does it beat my higher ilvl cape?
The Drape of Shame effect is worth ~20-30 ilvl depending on your crit rating which is about +1% healing. While it’s still our best in slot cape, you really need a titanforged drape to beat out mythic level capes.
You can run the following macro to tell you exactly how many ilvl the Drape of Shame is worth with your current stats:
/script local x,a,b,c,d,l,i;x=GetInventoryItemLink("player",15);a,b,c,d=GetItemInfo(x);l=0;x=GetCritChance()/100;i=GetSpellBonusDamage(4)*0.05*x/(x+1);while true do i=i-9.44-l*0.474;if i>0 then l=l+1;else print("Effect:", l, "Total:",l+d);break;end end
You need to add this result to the Drape of Shame’s ilvl. So if the macro told me the effect was worth 30 ilvl and I’m wearing an 870 Drape of Shame then I’d need a 900 cape to beat it. Do not give up a good legendary, tier bonus, or Jacin’s Ruse in order to equip a drape.
Which order should I upgrade my legendaries?
You should prioritize legendaries you’ll use most often since the bonuses don’t change. Velens is the best candidate for your first token, and Prydaz isn’t bad for a general purpose second. Here are the stat changes you’re looking at: