How to: Healer Stat Weights (Addon)
HSW (Healer Stat Weights) is an addon that automatically calculates your stat weights based on the content that you’re currently running. It’ll tell you what your strongest and weakest stats are and you can use that information for you enchants, gems and general gearing decisions. It does all the work for you so that you can avoid any complicated math. The weights that it calculates for you are based off your own playstyle, gear, talents, legendaries and Azerite traits giving you a lot more precision than any generic stat weights that you might find on the internet (which are always inaccurate). If you’re min-maxing then this isn’t a replacement for your spec spreadsheets but it’s an incredibly powerful and convenient tool to use alongside them. HSW supports all six healer specs.
The addon is still in Beta.
How do I get it? Why the zeroes?
You can grab it from Curse at https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/healerstatweights or your Twitch client. Install it in your WoW directory with the rest of your addons and you’re set. Once you’re in game type /hsw and check boxes based on the type of content you want weights for. Avoid filling your history with information that isn’t useful to you by turning on the highest level of dungeon and raid that you complete and leaving the others unticked.
Remember that your weights are based off what you’re fighting so you’re going to see a whole lot of zeroes until you raid or jump into a dungeon. You want your weights to reflect the boss you’re currently progressing on so don’t jump into an LFR if you’re a mythic raider.
I did a boss. What do the numbers mean?
You should end up with something like this:
Intellect will always display 1 and then all other stats are based off that. So, in the Current Fight table above gaining 1 point of mastery is 3.44 times as good as gaining 1 point of intellect. You can use this information to make gearing decisions, and the addon has a Pawn export to make your life really easy.
Let’s compare two stat stick trinkets to see how the numbers shake out.
- A 925 mastery stat stick has 2604 intellect and 1296 mastery. This gives it a score of 2604 + 1296 * 3.44 = 7062
- A 950 versatility stat stick has 3284 intellect and 1423 versatility. This gives it a score of 3284 + 1423 * 2.02 = 6158
So my 925 mastery stat stick is actually stronger than my 950. All items can be compared this way. Raiders will want to enchant and gem based on the stat with the highest weight on the fight you’re currently progressing on. By exporting your weights to the Pawn addon you can avoid doing any math while still having stat weights you can rely on.
Exporting to Pawn
- Hit the trumpet icon above your weights. Copy the string from the box.
- Open Pawn and hit Import to paste the string. You’re set.
Your fight history
The HSW history function lets you check out your weights from previous fights. You can find it by typing /hsw and hitting the History tab. You can also click the page icon on the frame to flick through recent fights. Your fight history is saved between sessions.
Want to read more about stats?
- Resto Druid: https://questionablyepic.com/restodruid-stats/
- Disc Priest: http://focusedwill.com/discipline-guide#stats
- Holy Priest: http://bit.ly/HPriestRaidTldr
- Mistweaver Monk: http://www.peakofserenity.com
- Holy Paladin: http://www.wowhead.com/holy-paladin-stat-priority-guide
- Resto Shaman: https://ancestralguidance.com/stats/