Court of Stars Mythic+ Guide
Recommended Comp for high keys: You need at least two AoE CC’s or silences for the various imp packs throughout Court of Stars. High AoE DPS is similarly recommended.
Highest Tyrannical key done in time: 23
Highest Fortified key done in time: 24
Instance Timer: 30:00
Average # Mobs per pack: 3.3
You will be assigned one Offensive Buff item, one Defensive Buff item and one utility item every Court of Stars run.
The Discarded Junk will also kill the mini boss it summons if you drag them into it. You can no longer drag two mini-bosses into the same trap.
Click the arrows to navigate through the Court of Stars trash path.
It's a little harder to designate an optimal trash path for Court of Stars since there's high variance between individual dungeon runs. Enforcers can spawn in multiple places, there's a variety of different buffs you'll want to pick up and different ways to distract Talixae's lovely assistants. We'll clear only the compulsory mobs heading through to Gerdo, along with an extra wyrm pack then once you make it to the courtyard you're mostly just clearing what you need and then an extra pack or two at the end to hit 100% if necessary.
Next, grab the Sentry along with one or both Wyrm packs (depending on the instance level). The Duskwatch Guard does a frontal cleave attack, and the Wyrms explode when they die. Take care to avoid both mechanics.
This pack in particular also features the first Watchful Inquisitor. You need to stun him at the start of his Eye Storm cast and single target interrupt Searing Glare where possible. Eye Storm is definitely the priority.
Next, grab the Blazing Imp pack from its patrol. These are often the most dangerous packs in Court of Stars since they have a habit of sneaking up on you. There are eight in the pack and similarly to the last imp pack you must keep them locked down. If you are controlling the pack correctly then the healer can spend this pack DPS'ing in the interest of killing them before your stuns hit diminishing returns.
Beware the 'Potions' clue. They're often hiding under the cape, or inside the guest's torso.
Be very aware of how much time you have remaining. Having everyone guess early / immediately is not a good idea, but if you've got 3:30 left on the clock you might not have time for much else.
Face him away from the party, dispel Cripple and make sure you're topped off between Shadow Bolt Volleys. He's not very difficult. Make sure you pick up the keys after he's dead. Having somebody run back to the door early is not a time saver since it doesn't change the timing of the RP.
Trash ERT Note
Copy and paste this into the Exorsus Raid Tools Notes section. You can share it with your group.
Patrol Captain Gerdo
Poisoning the flask is essential. Luckily, 5/5 group members are running Alchemy.
Arcane Lockdown Multi Target Debuff (Magic, DoT) ✔Dispellable
Resonant Slash Ground Arcane ✔Dodgeable
Streetsweeper Ground Arcane ✔Dodgeable
Signal Beacon Summon Effect
Hinder (Vigilant Duskwatch) Single Target Debuff (Magic, Stun) ✔Dispellable
You should know
- Gerdo is frequently buggy and Resonant Slash / Streetsweeper do not always line up that well with the marks on the ground. They also sometimes rotate around at the last second. Make sure you give them a wide berth and have the tank keep the boss as still as possible.
- There is no downside to disabling all Signal Beacons (outside of the time it takes to send somebody over). On high keys disabling the full set is recommended since a poorly timed Hinder can plant your tank squarely in the middle of the Resonant Slash.
- There isn’t really much damage going out during the fight so the healer should push as much DPS as possible. Dispelling the Arcane Lockdown on one person will give them more time to DPS. Druid shapeshift also removes the debuff.
You brought AoE CC… right?
Burning Intensity AoE Fire ✔Avoidance
Infernal Eruption Ground Fire ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable
Withering Soul AoE Debuff (Magic, -Max HP & Slow) ✔Interruptable ✔Dispellable
You should know
- Get your CC’s in order before the fight starts. On a high Court of Stars key you’re going to need at least two AoE interrupts for the imps and you want to avoid as much overlap as possible. Even a pug group can coordinate a couple stuns.
- Stack on top of each other before Infernal Eruption is cast. This will group up the imp spawns and make them easy to AoE down.
- Withering Soul can be interrupted and you should do so. The healer will already be maxed just keeping up with the Burning Intensity damage. The tank is an ideal interrupt candidate.
- Healing wise there’s very heavy damage going out even if all imps are killed quickly. Make sure you are using your full array of healing cooldowns. Sea Star is pretty nice here if you have a good one.
You brought a good healer… right?
Blade Surge Ground Physical ✔Dodgeable
Piercing Gale Ground Physical ✔Dodgeable
Slicing Maelstrom AoE Physical ✔Avoidance
You should know
- You’ll take significantly less damage from Slicing Maelstrom if you’re not standing on top of any images.
- An image is left every time the boss completes his Blade Surge cast. You can therefore stack the images up giving you more room to avoid them. It’s pretty hard to do this perfectly while also dodging the little stun clouds but at least try and keep them all in the same quarter of the room. Blade Surge will target a ranged DPS or healer at random and distance from Melandrus is no longer a factor.
- The entirety of the fights damage is physical, so make use of Bear Forms and Blessing of Protections.
- The maximum number of <Image of Melandrus> is eight. The damage stops scaling up at this point.
- This is a really great fight for Avoidance gear and if you can pick up 10-15% without dropping much damage or healing then you should do so.
- [Healer] Tank damage is light. Focus your efforts on the rest of the party.