Court of Stars Mythic+ Guide
Recommended Comp for high keys: You need at least two AoE CC’s or silences for the various imp packs throughout Court of Stars. High AoE DPS is similarly recommended.
Instance Timer: 30:00
Average # Mobs per pack: 3.3
You will be assigned one Offensive Buff item, one Defensive Buff item and one utility item every Court of Stars run.
The Discarded Junk will also kill the mini boss it summons if you drag them into it. You can no longer drag two mini-bosses into the same trap.
Trash ERT Note
Copy and paste this into the Exorsus Raid Tools Notes section. You can share it with your group.
|cffffff00Court of Stars Trash Path|r
Romantic Boat Ride.
Let tank pull Sentry.
Jump over the river to the right of bridge.
Pull Guardian Construct.
Pull patrolling Sentry.
Pull both Wyrm packs.
Pull bridge patrol.
Pull Sentry standing by house.
Pull Guardian Construct, Bound Energy pack.
Pull Guardian Construct on stairs.
Run through house. Speed gear is good.
Pull Inquisitor / Imp pack.
Pull Mistress / Hound pack.
Find Imp patrol and murder them.
Hunt Enforcers while watching for imp pats.
Grab packs as required for buffs.
Grab packs required for 100% trash when three mini-bosses dead.
Find Spy. Send fastest people upstairs.
Patrol Captain Gerdo
Poisoning the flask is essential. Luckily, 5/5 group members are running Alchemy.
Arcane Lockdown Multi Target Debuff (Magic, DoT) ✔Dispellable
Resonant Slash Ground Arcane ✔Dodgeable
Streetsweeper Ground Arcane ✔Dodgeable
Signal Beacon Summon Effect
Hinder (Vigilant Duskwatch) Single Target Debuff (Magic, Stun) ✔Dispellable
You should know
- Gerdo is frequently buggy and Resonant Slash / Streetsweeper do not always line up that well with the marks on the ground. They also sometimes rotate around at the last second. Make sure you give them a wide berth and have the tank keep the boss as still as possible. Blizzard have hypothetically fixed this but it’s persisted through hotfixes in the future so take care.
- Disabling the beacons risks extending the conversation before you can pull the last boss so it’s best to leave one up. The Vigilant Duskwatch adds are humanoid and can be CC’d by several classes.
- Arcane Lockdown can be removed by Druid shapeshift and Blessing of Freedom. It can also be dispelled.
- After poisoning the flask the boss dies soon after hitting 25% health. You can move ahead at this point, you don’t have to wait for him to die.
- Coming Soon!
- There isn’t really much damage going out during the fight so contribute by cheer-leading for the rest of your team (and maybe throw in some damage of your own).
- Dispelling the Arcane Lockdown debuff on one person will give them more time to DPS. Pick your favorite ranged damage dealer.
You brought AoE CC… right?
Burning Intensity AoE Fire ✔Avoidance
Infernal Eruption Ground Fire ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable
Withering Soul AoE Debuff (Magic, -Max HP & Slow) ✔Interruptable ✔Dispellable
You should know
- Get your CC’s in order before the fight starts. On a high Court of Stars key you’re going to need at least two AoE interrupts for the imps and you want to avoid as much overlap as possible. Even a pug group can coordinate a couple stuns.
- Stack on top of each other before Infernal Eruption is cast. This will group up the imp spawns and make them easy to AoE down.
- Withering Soul can be interrupted and you should do so. The healer will already be maxed just keeping up with the Burning Intensity damage. The tank is an ideal interrupt candidate.
- [Advanced] You can pull Talixae while one of her bodyguards is still alive with a Hunter or Rogue and then Feign Death / Vanish to reset the boss. The bodyguard doesn’t disappear with her and so you can pull it alone and kill it separately thus forgoing the need to kill the last Enforcer.
- Coming Soon!
- Talixae is the highest persistent damage fight in the game, rivaled only by Moroes and on higher keys you can expect to heal upwards of 2.5m HPS to keep your party alive. The damage ramps up the longer the fight goes on.
- That being said, if the imps are interrupted correctly the damage is predictable and not usually difficult to heal. Use your highest throughput AoE legendaries / rotation and call for your DPS to use defensives if you fall behind.
- Use your cooldowns regularly, don’t wait to fall behind. You can get 2-3 uses of 1.5 minute cooldowns on higher keys.
- The Withering Soul debuff is -10% MaxHP per stack and isn’t usually worth dispelling on everyone unless you’re a priest with mass dispel. Ideally it’s interrupted always but if one gets through it’s often best to just deal with the reduced HP and minor slow.
You brought a good healer… right?
Blade Surge Ground Physical ✔Dodgeable
Piercing Gale Ground Physical ✔Dodgeable
Slicing Maelstrom AoE Physical ✔Avoidance
You should know
- An image is left every time the boss completes his Blade Surge cast. You can therefore stack the images up giving you more room to avoid them. It’s pretty hard to do this perfectly while also dodging the little stun clouds but at least try and keep them all in the same quarter of the room. Blade Surge will target a ranged DPS or healer at random and distance from Melandrus is no longer a factor.
- You’ll take significantly less damage from Slicing Maelstrom if you’re not standing on top of any images.
- The entirety of the fights damage is physical, so make use of Bear Forms and Blessing of Protections.
- The maximum number of <Image of Melandrus> is eight. The damage stops scaling up at this point.
- This is a really great fight for Avoidance gear and if you can pick up 10-15% without dropping much damage or healing then you should do so. Prydaz is also key.
- Coming Soon!
- Up there with Hyrja and Shade of Xavius in being the toughest fights to heal.
- The damage is entirely focused in five second AoE burst windows that deal more and more damage as the fight goes on (before plateauing). Pick your gear, your legendaries, your strategy around maximising your healing during these short windows. Your overall throughput doesn’t matter – only the five second windows.
- Consider wearing Sephuz for the fight and having the tank walk into a cloud a few seconds before each Slicing Maelstrom. You can dispel them and have the proc active for the entire Maelstrom. Usually up for every second.
- The tank can usually self-sustain through the damage so save your mana / GCD’s by ignoring them in favor of yourself / your DPS.
- There’s ~25 seconds between each Slicing Maelstrom.