Vault of the Wardens Mythic+ Guide
Recommended Comp for high keys: There are no special comp requirements for Vault of the Wardens however benching very slow moving specs will greatly help with an invisibility potion skip.
Instance Timer: 33:00
Average # Mobs per pack: 3.7
Trash ERT Note
Copy and paste this into the Exorsus Raid Tools Notes section. You can share it with your group.
Why are none of the Demon Hunters I know this good
Darkstrike Single Target Shadow
Furious Blast AoE Fire ✔Avoidance ✔Interruptable
Fel Mortar Ground Fire ✔Dodgeable
Immolation Aura (Havoc form) AoE Fire ✔Avoidance
Hatred (Havoc form) AoE Fire ✔Dodgeable
Glaive (Vengeance form) AoE Fire ✔Dodgeable
You should know
- For those not familiar with Demon Hunters, Havoc Form is when he’s black with large wings and Vengeance Form is when he’s grey-ish and deformed.
- Fel Fury adds will summoned from the fires on the ground roughly every 30 seconds and must be DPS’d down. If they’re left to themselves they’ll cast 10 Scorch and then Fel Detonation which is often deadly for high keys. They’ll also occasionally pulse smaller AoE damage across the room which isn’t too dangerous in itself.
- The tank must use their active mitigation when the boss casts Darkstrike and they’ll have two seconds to do so. If they don’t the boss will gain an absorption shield which makes him immune to interrupts. If this does happen your priority is to remove it as soon as possible since an uninterrupted Furious Blast can easily one shot your party.
- In Havoc Form, Hatred will target a specific player initially but can then change targets so it needs to be given a wide berth by all players. You need to dodge the beam itself, as well as the explosion at the end of it. It might look like it’s above you but it’ll cut through you all the same.
Sap Soul AoE Debuff
Let’s look at each prison (two will be emptied during the fight)
Quillen (North-west). Danger: 3/10
- Tank: Pick up the Enormous Stone Quillen. The Secretkeepers will pelt random targets and cannot be tanked.
- Healer: Dispel Flesh to Stone, if it stacks to 10 then the target will be turned to stone and we can’t have that.
- The Secretkeepers are undead and if you CC them near their prisons then you can ignore them for the rest of the fight. If you don’t have the correct CC then you should burn them down before the Quillen.
Void (North-east). Danger: 7/10
- Tank: Pick up the Void-Touched juggernaut and face it away from the party since it has a pretty nasty cleave. You’ll be taking heavy damage during this add pack so get some defensives up.
- Avoid the pool left by Shadow crash, and interrupt all Frightening Shout casts from the Deranged Mindflayer.
- Recommended kill order is Mindflayer -> Voidcaster -> Void-Touched juggernaut. Use as much of your AoE CC here as possible.
Corruption (South-east). Danger: 2/10
- This is the easiest add set by far, if you play them correctly.
- Every time a corruption blob dies it’ll afflict a random party member with debuff, which when dispelled will do a small AoE explosion in an 8 yard radius around them. Everyone afflicted should move out of the group and then you can either dispel the debuff or let it time out. If you handle this correctly then they pose no other danger.
Shadowmoon (South-west). Danger: 9/10
- This is a horribly annoying pack with several very dangerous mechanics. Consider CC’ing the warlock while you deal with his friends. Otherwise the recommended kill order is Technician -> Warlock -> Annihilator. Only the Annihilator needs to be tanked.
- Spread out. Almost all of the dangerous mechanics here hit in a 5 or 10 yard radius so spreading out in advance will greatly reduce your odds of making a mistake.
- The Warlock spews Seed of Corruption into random party members and once it expires or they take some other damage they’ll explode in a 10 yard radius around them. This will usually trigger further Seed of Corruption explosions and your dreams of making the timer will go up in flames shortly after.
- The Technician on the other hand will silence your casters, and throw bombs that explode in a 5 yard radius. I told you this pack was fun.
- Meanwhile the Annihilator will mostly be punching your tank, but will occasionally zip to a random party member for a stun or to your healer for a pummel. Keep everyone on high HP, stay spread and use as many CC’s and DPS cooldowns as you can.
You should also know
- You should tank the boss to the side of the room (here’s a picture to explain the spot better). This lets you line of sight most add packs (to group them up) and nullifies the Inquisitive Stare ability since you’ll always be facing the orbs.
- Sap Soul can be removed with any rarely used ability (and can also be dispelled) and you should be careful not to cast two abilities in quick succession since it can occasionally lock out multiple spells.
The Mike Wazowski of WoW
Pulse AoE Arcane ✔Dodgeable
Lingering Gaze Ground Shadow ✔Dodgeable
Beam AoE Fire ✔Dodgeable
Radiation AoE Arcane ✔Avoidance
You should know
- Being hit by the blue Pulse orbs will cause them to split into four smaller purple orbs which deal the same damage if you hit them again and just crowd the platform in general. You can stack underneath the boss to avoid all orbs however you’ll need to move out before Lingering Gaze is dropped (it’s on a timer). Any hyper mobile DPS or healers (BM hunters and resto druids for example) might choose to stay out full time.
- Save DPS cooldowns until after the first Beam phase since the boss will be taking an additional 100% damage for 15 seconds (Beamed). Consider using Bloodlust / Heroism here if it’ll save you a phase two.
- During the Beam phase the boss will emit Radiation, dealing heavy AoE damage to the party. It doesn’t tend to be too deadly itself but it’s enough to turn the Pulse orbs into one shot machines (if they weren’t already) so you’ll need to be especially vigilant. Healers should consider popping a cooldown here to keep your party nice and safe.
Vault of the Wardens underachiever
Pyroclast AoE Fire ✔Dodgeable
Fissure Summons Lava
Lava Wreath Summons Lava
Smoldering (Ember) AoE Fire ✔Avoidance
Detonate (Ember) AoE Fire ✔Avoidance
You should know
- Ash’golm is a very easy fight where most of the mechanics are ignored in favor of just burning the boss. Reasonable, but risky for higher keys where we should really know more.
- Pyroclast is chucked at a random player and will appear as a red circle on the floor. It will knock you back and potentially off the platform. Don’t stand in it.
- Fissure and Lava Wreath are the bosses two lava spawning vehicles with Fissure targeting the tank and drawing a line across the room and Lava Wreath dropping 4-5 lava patches around a random ranged DPS.
- If you stand in lava you’ll take a moderate stacking DoT but the lava will disappear. You can pop an immunity and remove an entire wave of lava from the fight.
- If any lava hits one of the Embers they’ll detonate, dealing heavy AoE damage to the party.
- Click the frosty statues to freeze the platform, removing all lava and increasing the damage the boss and Embers take. Use this at the beginning of the fight since all DPS cooldowns will be up and if it’s a high key they’ll respawn later in the fight for a second use.
Under the helmet she’s really very pretty
Knockdown Kick Single Target Physical
Turn Kick Single Target Physical
Fel Glaive AoE Fire ✔Dodgeable
Deepening Shadows Ground Shadow ✔Dodgeable
Creeping Doom AoE Fire ✔Dodgeable
Steal Light (Avatar of Shadows)
You should know
- The light should be held by your most mobile non-tank player (the tank will drop it when kicked). Anyone can do the job, but the less DPS you lose the better (you are on a timer after all). On higher keys the fight can take a while so you’ll need to stay on top of the Deepening Shadows.
- Dodge the Fel Glaive.
- Make sure you stick together as a tight group during Creeping Doom. Stay clear of the edges of the platform wherever possible so that you’ve got time to move from a surprise wall.
- The Avatar of vengeance will always spawn in the same corner (north-west), and the lightholder can wait for her there or toss the light early. If you stun her as she spawns then the boss won’t get a damage reduction shield.
- Use Bloodlust in phase 1 if you’re low on time, or phase 2 to best improve your odds of killing the boss.