Lower Kara Mythic+ Guide
Recommended Comp for high keys: Beautiful Beasts requires numerous short cooldown interrupts to handle Soup Spray but Lower Kara doesn’t otherwise have strong composition requirements.
Instance Timer: 39:00
Average # Mobs per pack: 3.1
The trash path is updated for patch 7.3 which saw a number of packs removed from the instance.[masterslider id=”20″]
Trash ERT Note
Copy and paste this into the Exorsus Raid Tools Notes section. You can share it with your group.
Opera – Beautiful Beast
I didn’t realise I was so dusty. Cheers Babblet.
Severe Dusting (Babblet) Single Target Nature Debuff (Disorient) Dodgeable
Burning Blaze (Luminore) Ground Fire Dodgeable
Heat Wave (Luminore) AoE Fire Avoidance Interruptable
Soup Spray (Mrs. Cauldrons) Single Target Frost Debuff (Slow)
Leftovers (Mrs. Cauldrons) AoE Nature Dodgeable
Kara Kazham (Coggleston) Summon
Dinner Bell (Coggleston) AoE Buff
Dent Armor (Coggleston) Single Target Physical Debuff (+damage taken)
Bloody Jab (Cutlery) Single Target Physical Debuff (DoT)
Flashing Forks (Silver Fork) AoE Physical Dodgeable
You should know
- Recommended kill order is Babblet -> Luminore -> Mrs. Cauldrons -> Coggleston. They all heal to full and gain +25% damage when one dies so holster your cleave.
- Tank dying late in the fight? Make sure you’re burning down the cutlery. The 1-2-3 punch of Dinner Bell -> Dent Armor -> Bloody Jab should be controlled with burst DPS on the adds and heavy cooldowns on the tank.
- Babblet gains movement speed if kited through any of the burning blazes left out by Luminore. This will definitely lead to somebody getting taken out with the trash so be careful with your kite path. Every 12 seconds Babblet will change fixate targets.
- Remove fire patches by walking through them with the drenched debuff (applied by Soup Spray). You won’t take damage from the fire.
- Heat Wave and Soup Spray are priority interrupts.
- On high keys the kill order sometimes needs a rethink. The Soup Spray (Mrs. Cauldrons) will start one shotting people if you save her for third so consider killing her first in an adjusted Mrs. Cauldrons -> Babblet -> Luminore -> Coggleston kill order.
- Luminore’s fire stops dealing damage after you kill him. This time, you can stand in the fire.
Opera – Westfall Story
“Toe Knee”? Urgh kill them all
Burning Leg Sweep (Toe Knee) AoE Fire Debuff (DoT) ✔Dodgeable
Dashing Flame Gale (Toe Knee) Multi Target Fire
Poisonous Shank (Gang Ruffian) Single Target Nature Debuff (DoT)
Thunder Ritual (Mrrgria) AoE Nature Spread (5 yards)
Wash Away (Mrrgria) Ground Frost ✔Dodgeable
Bubble Blast (Shoreline Tidespeaker) Ground Frost ✔Dodgeable ✔Interruptable
You should know
- This is basically a big game of “dodge the thing” and this is particularly important for high keys where getting hit by one thing is enough to break your poor key.
- Kill order is always Gang Ruffians / Shoreline Tidespeakers before the bosses.
- Dashing Flame Gale will hit every player, and leave a flame cyclone at their position. If you stack up during the phase, then all of the cyclones will be kept in one place (remember to outrange Burning Leg Sweep though!).
- [Healer] If your team is on point you should only have to deal with healing through Dashing Flame Gale (low damage), Thunder Ritual (you’ve got 4 seconds of debuff to top everyone off before the damage hits), and Poisonous Shank (make sure you can see it on your healing frames, hits pretty hard).
- The waves don’t scale correctly with M+ level and do trivial damage. If you’re forced to get hit by one of the mechanics then make it a wave.
Opera – Wikket
Come to think of it. Demon Hunters DO look a little like winged monkeys
Flashy Bolt (Galindre) Single Target Arcane ✔Interruptable
Wondrous Radiance (Galindre) Ground Arcane ✔Dodgeable
Magic Magnificent (Galindre) AoE Arcane ✔Dodgeable
Dreary Bolt (Elfyra) Single Target Shadow ✔Interruptable
Summon Assistants (Elfyra) Summon Effect
Defy Gravity (Elfyra) Ground Shadow
Throw Stuff (Winged Assistant) Single Target Nature
You should know
- The key mechanic in this fight is the Magic Magnificent ability. It’s a five second cast and it’s signaled by Galindre going into a purple bubble. You can enter one of the purple gravity wells to shoot yourself into the air, avoiding all damage. Simply jumping isn’t sufficient (even for a Demon Hunter). If you find yourself with less than 5 gravity wells when the ability hits (this means somebody waltzed into one earlier) then somebody with an immunity or heavy damage reduction can sit out and take the blow.
- Flashy Bolt hits random party members and should be interrupted, especially when there are Winged Assistants up.
- The two witches share an HP pool. Show me how big your cleave is.
- Winged assistants can be tanked, but you should still commit some damage to them to keep numbers under control.
Maiden of Virtue
You were a lot nicer at level 70
Holy Bolt Multi Target Holy Spread (6 yards)
Holy Shock Single Target Holy ✔Interruptable
Sacred Ground Ground Holy Debuff (DoT)
Mass Repentance AoE Debuff (Stun)
Holy Bulwark Single Target Buff (Shield) Damage boss to remove
Holy Wrath AoE Holy ✔Interrruptable
You should know
- You should never get a stack of Sacred Ground when dropping your pool. Make sure you’re moving quickly.
- The range on Holy Bolt is 6 yards and you must be at least that spread out.
- Holy Shock and Holy Wrath must be interrupted 100% of the time.
- The healer should grab a Sacred Ground debuff 8-10 seconds before Mass Repentance hits. This means that the last tick or two of the debuff will remove Mass Repentance and you can focus on keeping the rest of your party alive. You still take the same amount of damage overall, but this is a better spread. More advanced groups might have two party members grab it early.
- Mass Repentance breaks on any damage, not just the Sacred Ground. This famously includes Grievous ticks.
I gotta say. He’s much umm… prettier in his Hearthstone portrait
Garrote Single Target Physical Debuff (DoT)
Coat Check Single Target Debuff (Magic, -Armor) ✔Dispellable
Dinner Guests (You’ll get four guests at random?)
Empowered Arms (Keira Berrybuck) Single Target Buff (+damage, +AtkSpd) ✔Purgeable
Whirling Edge (Robin Daris) Ground Physical ✔Dodgeable
Iron Whirlwind (Rafe Dreuger) AoE Physical ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable
Will Breaker (Crispin Ference) AoE Holy ✔Dodgeable
Arcane Blast (Dorothea Millstipe) Single Target Arcane
Mana Drain (Dorothea Millstipe) Single Target Arcane ✔Interruptable
Smite (Catriona Von’Indi) Single Target Holy ✔Interruptable
You should know
- The strategy here really depends on what dinner guests you have available but on meaningful keys you’ll definitely want to CC at least two of the guests. There are extra traps in the kitchen and ball room if you want to CC a third.
- It makes sense to contend with the most dangerous guests at the beginning of the fight, when there aren’t so many Garrotes out and DPS still have their cooldowns, so here is a rough “most dangerous” list:
- Dorothea Millstipe > Crispin Ference > Keira Berrybuck > Rafe Dreuger > Robin Daris > Catriona Von’Indi
- Almost all of the mechanics are dodgeable, interruptable or purgeable so the ranking is mostly in order of “how bad things get” if you don’t handle them properly.
- All dinner guests become immune to CC when Moroes hits 60% HP and you’ll want them all dead before then.
- You must interrupt: Mana Drain, Empowered Arms
- Consider leaving up 1-2 adds and just tanking them with Moroes. Some aren’t very dangerous and it’s quicker if you burn Moroes down directly after you’ve removed any problematic guests.
Don’t worry, you’ll get the mount eveeeeeeeeeeeentually
Intangible Presence AoE Debuff (DoT) Shadow ✔Dispellable*
Mighty Stomp AoE Fire ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable (30 yards)
Mounted Strike Physical
Spectral Charge (after first phase 2) Ground Shadow ✔Dodgeable
Mezair Ground Fire ✔Dodgeable
Mortal Strike AoE Debuff (-50% MaxHP) Physical ✔Dodgeable
Shared Suffering AoE Shadow ✔Dodgeable
You should know
- Both Mortal Strike and Shared Suffering are targeted at the tank and can be entirely dodged. Mortal Strike doesn’t matter so much but stacking for Shared Suffering is just going to one shot your entire party on a decently high key. You can escape it by popping an Infernal Strike / Heroic Leap anytime after the Shared Suffering cast has begun. This can cause him to re-cast it but the second cast is often cut off by his phase transition back to riding his horse. If not, I hope you’ve got a second charge of Infernal Strike / Heroic Leap.
- [Healer] Sadly Intangible Presence uses a “hidden aura” to signal which one has the ghost so we can’t make a clever Weak Aura. I’d recommend your party call individually (either through voice, or party chat) if they have the ghost on them since trying to find it yourself is a chore and dispelling the wrong person is very dangerous.
- The Mighty Stomp has a limited range and ranged DPS / healers should stand at max range except for when Spectral Charge is active.