Neltharion’s Lair Mythic+ Guide
Recommended Comp for high keys: All you really need for Neltharion’s Lair is some AoE CC and a good healer.
Instance Timer: 33:00
Average # Mobs per pack: 2.7
Trash ERT Note
Copy and paste this into the Exorsus Raid Tools Notes section. You can share it with your group.
|cffffff00Neltharion’s Lair Trash Path|r
Stick hard left and pull both Rockback Gnashers
Pull double Lurker pack
Stay left and jump into water to kill Gnasher
Pull triple drudge pack
Pull Breaker / Pelter pack
Pull Hunter patrol with Drummer
Pull Pelter, Breaker pack
Pull Hulk / Shaper pack
SKIP Pelter pack on the right
Clear Ularogg’s room
Stay hard left and SKIP shaper / breaker pack
Grab four Gnashers from the lake ahead
Clear through to Naraxas
Pull Demolisher pack
Pull lone Dominator
Pull Dominator / Trapper packs (x2)
The closest thing we’re going to get to a Warcraft Hulk. Rokmora smash!
Razor Shards AoE Debuff ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable (including tank)
Shatter AoE Physical ✔Avoidance
Crystalline Ground (follows Shatter) Multi Target Nature
Rupturing Skitter (follows Shatter) AoE Nature ✔Avoidance
You should know
- Shatter will kill all Blightshard Skitters and deal damage based on their remaining HP. A half dead skitter will only deal 50% of the Rupturing Skitter damage. If Shatter isn’t one shotting you then throwing DoTs / cleave at them can be faster than trying to kill them completely. Rupturing Skitter is likely to be your biggest source of damage taken so judge carefully how much damage you need to spend on them to survive each Shatter. Keep in mind that Skitters leave a Choking Dust puddle on the floor when killed.
- The tank can, and should run out during the cast of Razor Shards to avoid being hit. Be careful not to move too early since directing the attack toward your party will kill your timer just five minutes in. You might also end up on a blacklist somewhere.
- Crystalline Ground is a debuff that goes out to the party with each Shatter. It doesn’t do notably high damage, but you’ll want to avoid taking damage from it when low. If you’re ever knocked into a Choking Dust cloud then moving is still the better choice (use those defensives though!). You can stand with your back against the rock to avoid taking damage from Crystalline Ground during the Shatter knockback (but this is rarely necessary).
I think I lost 20 bucks to this guy in a Shell game last time I was down by the harbor
Strike of the Mountain Multi Target Nature ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable
Sunder Single Target Nature
Bellow of the Deeps Summon Effect
Fallen Debris (Bellowing Idol) AoE Physical ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable
You should know
- Once pulled, the boss will first cast Stance of the Mountain (and disappear into a rock) 35 seconds into the fight. After you find him there’ll be 70 seconds between all subsequent “find-me” phases. Save Bloodlust and any long DPS cooldowns for these. If you can cut out a Stance of the Mountain phase altogether it’ll be a big time saver.
- The Falling Debris during both phases can be dodged, however it’s exhausting to do so and greatly reduces DPS. Get your healer to heal through it, and start running if you get low. Don’t stack close to each other since Falling Debris targets your location and you’ll be quickly destroyed if you share your Debris with each other.
- Sunder can be spell reflected / anti-magic shielded. It’s Nature damage.
- The Bellows aren’t at all dangerous since their damage is easily healed through. Just drop DoTs or cleave them down so that you don’t end up with 5+ of them later in the fight.
She’s really very pretty
Rancid Maw AoE Nature ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable
Toxic Retch AoE Nature
Spiked Tongue Single Target Physical
Frenzy Soft Enrage
You should know
- You can DPS the Wormspeaker adds shortly before they jump down into the arena. Pan your camera up and you’ll see them on the ledge, giving you a head start.
- Every Wormspeaker or tank the boss eats will give her a stacking +50% damage increase. This only increases her melee damage, none of her abilities are affected.
- The green pools left by Rancid Maw are used by the tank during the Spiked Tongue ability. Since Rancid Maw is targeted on players you have control over where the pools are dropped and you should try and leave them 25-30 yards from the boss.
- Naraxas will auto attack soon after Spiked Tongue ends and since the tank is often out of range of the boss this can lead to a nearby melee being butchered. You may want to consider moving out of the bosses auto attack range (10 yards).
Dargrul the Underking
What are Drogbar anyway?
Molten Crash Single Target Nature
Landslide AoE Nature ✔Avoidance
Crystal Spikes Ground Nature ✔Dodgeable
Magma Wave AoE Fire ✔Avoidance ✔Dodgeable
Magma Sculptor Summon Effect
You should know
- You can stun and knockback the Molten Charskins to aid in your kite. Smash them into the Crystal Spikes to stun them and significantly increase the damage they take. They get faster and faster the longer you leave them up so take care of them reasonably quickly.
- The walls don’t prevent line of sight with the boss so the ranged and healer can take refuge long before Magma Wave is cast.
- If your attempt has truly fallen apart you can reset the boss by running up the boulders.
- The last tick of Magma Wave deals significantly more damage. Make sure he’s finished before you leave your safe space.
- If you’re running a party with heavy DoTs then wait a few seconds before kiting the Charskin into a wall. It’s best to have all of your teams DoTs up before the increased damage debuff goes out to maximise DPS.