Darkheart Thicket Mythic+ Guide
Recommended Comp for high keys: AoE stuns are useful for Cats / Birds but Darkheart Thicket has no strong comp requirement otherwise.
Highest Tyrannical key done in time: 22
Highest Fortified key done in time: 22
Instance Timer: 30:00
Average # Mobs per pack: 3.7
Click the arrows to navigate through the trash path.
For the second pack, utilize stuns and disorients to prevent the birds from getting an Unnerving Screech cast off since a disoriented tank never ends well.
The Festerhide Grizzly sits in the middle of the patrol path of two Dreadsoul Ruiners. On high keys you will want to pull them separately so check the coast is clear before you pull. The Bears most lethal attack (Maddening Roar) has a range of 30 yards and your healers and ranged DPS should never be closer than that. It's also reduced by avoidance.
The double bear pack however can be one of the most challenging in the instance. On a fortified week this is a decent time for your first Bloodlust. Ranged need to stand more than 30 yards from the pair and it's often a good decision to burst one down quickly to avoid Maddening Roar stacking too quickly. On higher keys, melee will need to pop defensive cooldowns, wear Avoidance gear or run out to avoid being one shot. You can CC / knock back the corruption spawns to help control the amount of space available to you.
The Dryad + 2 blossoms pack is technically skippable but we're going to clear it so we can skip a meaner pack later. You'll want to fight it roughly where it's shown in the picture above to minimize the risk of pulling anything else with it.
Speaking of, there are five nightmare dwellers spread across the space and we want to kill all five. You can take them in sets of 2 and 3, or in one big group. You need to stun / interrupt the Tormenting Eye cast so pulling the whole family is only recommended if you're running heavy AoE CC.
The Bloodtainted Fury is next and it has two abilities you need to be wary of. Blood Bomb, which is a giant red ball that'll slowly fall to the ground, and Blood Assault which'll see the mob charge forward after a few second cast time. Both are high priority dodges unless you want to get one shot or punted into whelps. Speaking of whelps, the hitbox for the eggs that line the sides of the corridor are much larger than the models. If you put a toe anywhere close you'll get a little dragon and an exasperated sigh from your party.
For the second pack, the summoner is joined by a Taintheart Stalker who'll cast Dark Hunt every 10 seconds or so. This has no cast timer and can easily one shot squisher allies on high keys. This mob must be focused and burned down as quickly as possible.
Lastly, clear the pack of four diseased bats. These will focus different targets but should be kept together as much as possible for efficient AoE. If your healer can cleanse diseases then they should do so since it's a leech mechanic that'll slow their demise.
Trash ERT Note
Copy and paste this into the Exorsus Raid Tools Notes section. You can share it with your group.
Thankfully casts no Resto Druid spells
Grievous Tear Single Target Physical Debuff (DoT)
You should know
- Grievous Tear will 100% of the time target whoever is furthest from the boss. Designate your tankiest ranged DPS or healer to stand near max range and take all of them. This is much easier to heal and makes the fight much more predictable.
- On Tyrannical keys it’s a smart idea to keep the Nightmare Corruption adds under control by CC’ing and killing them as priority. You just want to make sure you don’t run out of space.
- Everyone, including the tank, can dodge the Primal Rampage however the tank shouldn’t move until the ability is cast. Unintentionally rotating him toward your ranged party is only funny once.
Seems the Nightmare has a sense of humor
Crushing Grip Single Target Nature
You should know
- The tank is going to get absolutely melted during Crushing Grip and you’ll want to coordinate your defensive cooldowns so that you have one up for each grip (they hit almost every minute). Remember that it’s magic damage.
- At the end of Crushing Grip the tank will get dumped on a random allies position at the start of the cast. It’s important this person moves out to avoid damage. It’ll also prevent a volcano from popping up on volcanic week and ruining your tanks day.
- Shattered Earth can technically be out-ranged (50 yards) but it’s seldom worth the lost DPS time.
- Stack up before the Strangling Roots cast and then run through them to eliminate any little flowers spawning. You’ll take a bit of damage doing this so an immunity is recommended.
“I swear I didn’t touch any eggs” – Man with many whelps behind him
Down Draft AoE Nature
Earthshaking Roar AoE Nature
You should know
- Tank the boss toward one side of the room, so that you have more room if you need to move the boss from falling rocks.
- The Down Draft pushback is stronger the further you are from the boss. You need to be stacked directly underneath him when the cast starts and you cannot stop to cast until the very end. This way even the slowest bastard in your group has no chance of clipping an egg. As soon as the draft ends you need to spread immediately for the incoming Earthshaking Roar.
- If you move immediately after the roar you can take no damage from Falling Rocks.
- A recent hotfix eliminated tanking the boss up near the wall and it’s usually easiest to just kill him in the middle of the room now.
Shade of Xavius
Often more difficult than Mythic Xavius was
Nightmare Bolt Single Target Shadow
Feed on the Weak Single Target Shadow
Induced Paranoia Single Target Debuff
You should know
- Apocalyptic Nightmare is cast when Shade hits 50% health and deals horrifying damage. On high keys you need to make sure you have some kind of damage reduction for this. The healer needs to pump out a healing cooldown as it hits since he often follows it up with a very dangerous Feed on the Weak.
- Keep Xavius out of the purple circles on the ground since he’ll gain +5% damage from any that hit him. A couple of stacks can be enough to push Shadow Bolt / Feed on the Weak into one shot territory.
- This fight is already pretty stressful for your healer so if you’re targeted by Feed on the Weak, pop a defensive cooldown.
- [Hunters]: You can Feign Death the second he targets you for Feed on the Weak, killing his cast.